APPLICATION PROCEDURE STEP-BY-STEP FOR FOREIGN FEE-PAYING STUDENTS:
1. Choose a degree or non-degree study programme in English
2. Documents required to apply:
- Academic certificates (secondary school leaving certificate or university degree) and Transcript of Records (these documents have to be officially attested with English translation)
- Copy of passport
- Motivation letter
- Proof of language proficiency (not mandatory)
- General Medical Certificate (Download form) – The certificate must be issued in 2024.
- Proof of application fee payment slip (100 EUR, non-refundable)
IMPORTANT: The full amount must arrive at the University bank account. We will accept the application only if the received amount is 100 EUR.
3. Send the filled online application form with the proof of payment of the application fee
4. Receive an official email from the University about the receipt of the application form
5. After the examination of application documents the university will send the applicant an email about the exact date of the online entrance exam. Without the arrival of the 100 EUR application fee no entrance exam is possible. (Please find the bank account details below.)
6. Entrance exam: Short oral interview via internet (platform: Microsoft Teams) to check the English skills, professional orientation and motivation)
7. Receive the Conditional Letter of Acceptance via email
8. Asking to transfer the tuition fee to the bank account of the University
IMPORTANT: The full amount must arrive at the University bank account. Before the transfer, please make an inquiry about the bank charges. You have to make an allowance for the bank charges if the bank deducts fees from the amount.
9. Receive the Final Letter of Admission via email which is the official declaration that the student is accepted and the fees have arrived
10. Visa procedure: with the Final Letter of Admission the student has to visit the nearest Hungarian Embassy and apply for the visa (In case the visa is not granted, the University of Nyíregyháza will refund the tuition fee and the dormitory fees on request, after the student sent us the visa rejection letter.) Citizens of the European Union can enter Hungary with their ID card or passport, and need to have a European Health Insurance Card.
11. Send the decision of the Hungarian Embassy and the date of arrival via e-mail to the University of Nyíregyháza (firstname.lastname@example.org)
12. Arrange a health insurance policy in the applicant’s home country for the duration of the academic year 2024/2025. The health insurance must be valid for the Schengen area of the European Union.
13. Arrive at the University and moving into the room at the dormitory.
14. Visit the International Relations Office on the first workday (Building A, 2nd floor, office number: 249). As a part of the registration, the necessary forms need to be completed, and the Student Training Agreement has to be signed.
15. Visit the nearest Immigration Office and applying for „Residence permit for the purpose of studies” (student mentors will assist the students)
Would you like to stay in the dormitory of the University of Nyíregyháza located directly in the campus?
You have to pay the dormitory fees as indicated in the Conditional Letter of Acceptance along with the tuition fee in advance.
Bank account details:
IBAN bank account number: HU49 1176 3440 4582 0883 0000 0000
Swift code (BIC): OTPVHUHB
Name of the account holder: Nyíregyházi Egyetem / University of Nyíregyháza
Name of receiving bank: OTP Bank Nyrt.
Seat of receiving bank: Hungary, 1051 Budapest, Nádor u. 6.
Please write the following information in the message/remark section of the bank transfer sheet:
- Your full name:
- Your degree program:
Please note that we cannot accept incomplete applications – if any of the above listed documents are missing or the transferred tuition fee is not the required amount, we cannot proceed with your admission.
- The tuition fee and the dormitory fees are refundable in the following cases: The University shall refund the full tuition fee and dormitory fees paid by the applicant if the program is cancelled.
- The University shall refund the tuition fee and dormitory fees paid by the applicant after deducting the transfer fee if the applicant attends the visa interview and submits all necessary documents and the Authority still rejects his/her visa request. In this case, the applicant is asked to provide the University with a copy of the rejection letter.
More information on the visa procedure:
Additional information for third-country national students, teachers, researchers and employees:
Information for third-country national students, teachers, researchers and employees - 18.01.2024.docx
Read more about Residence Permit for the Purpose of Study:
University of Nyíregyháza
Sóstói út 31/b.
Phone: 00 36 42 599-400 / 2511
More information: https://english.nye.hu/