Student Mobility Visa/Residence Permit Process

On receiving the tuition fee, the  Letter of Final Acceptance  will be issued and sent to you via email. Holding that document you can start your VISA application. You must opt for a Student Visa which entitles you to a residence permit for study purposes in Hungary. In case you need assistance, please contact the International Relations Office.

For study purposes, a third-country national who is enrolled at the University of Nyíregyháza for full-time training and who has a long-term study visa may be issued a residence permit. This visa should be requested in the home country of the applicant. More information: (english version avaiable)

The student should submit a request for granting a residence permit or an extension of the residence permit at the Immigration and Asylum Office (4400 Nyíregyháza, Szent István u. 9) The application form can be downloaded from:

The application form should be submitted in person before the expiration date of the residence permit, otherwise it will be rejected.

The mentor student will accompany him or her to the Immigration and Asylum Office. The following documents should be on hand: passport, completed accommodation registration form, student certificate of attendance, residence permit request form, passport photo (white background, 3x4 cm size).

The student will present his or her documents to the International Relations Office for digital recording after arriving to the University.