AT THE MOMENT THE APPLICATION FOR THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME IS CLOSED.
The next application period will start for the academic year of 2025/2026 in November 2024.
Please visit our website later for new updates around October / November 2024.
More information: email@example.com
Regulatory documents in force for the SH programme: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/
Mission of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe. Today, there is a growing demand of international students to study in Hungary. Besides the quality of education and degrees recognised throughout Europe and beyond, students are attracted by the affordable living costs with an extremely favourable cost-to-value ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transportation, the central location of the country in Europe and the unspoiled natural beauties combined with a 1000 year-old, rich Hungarian history and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Hungary is also within the top countries with the highest number of scientific Nobel Prize Winners per capita, and a numerous scientific inventions from Vitamin C to Rubik’s cube and so on.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
The Stipendium Hungaricum program is a governmental scholarship program that aims to offer scholarships and study opportunities to the citizens of certain countries. The countries included in the program need to have a valid bilateral educational cooperation plan signed by the Hungarian Ministry of Human Resources and the relevant ministry of the specific country responsible for education.
The scholarships are valid for studies in Hungarian state universities or state colleges in scientific fields determined in the bilateral educational cooperation plans. Programs include full BA/BSc, MA/MSc and PhD studies in Hungarian state accredited higher education institutions. The scholarships are awarded by the Hungarian Minister responsible for education based on the nomination of the Tempus Public Foundation. The pre-selection of the candidates is carried out by the Ministry of Education of the given country or by the scholarship board appointed by that ministry.
Each and every candidate need to take an entrance exam in order to be eligible for the scholarship program. The universities are responsible for informing the candidates about the entrance exam criteria. The selection procedure ends with the list of successful applicants being forwarded to the Sending Partner by the Tempus Public Foundation. Applicants are informed about their results by the ministry of education of the country of the applicant, or by the national scholarship office/agency.
The Tempus Public Foundation is responsible for the assessment of the scholarships. The applicant who is awarded the scholarship receives the following allowances:
- the applicant's tuition fee is fully covered during the entire period of the program he/she is participating in
- the applicant receives a monthly scholarship for the complete calendar year which is financed by the host institution. As per the current rules the sum of the scholarship is 43,700 HUF/month in case of full-time graduate programs, BA/BSc and MA/MSc programs.
- The monthly amount of scholarship is 140,000 HUF for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 for the second phase (4 semesters) in case of PhD programs.
- every participant of the scholarship program is guaranteed a place in a dormitory or, in case of lack of capacity, a sum of HUF 40,000/month covering the costs of accommodation for the whole calendar year
- participants are provided with a health insurance
The sender countries participating in the program are listed here.
The operational rules of the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program are available on
The application deadline for September 2023 intake is: January 16, 2023
The scholarship can be awarded to citizens from almost 90 countries and sending partners for full degree or partial (exchange) studies.
UNIVERSITY OF NYÍREGYHÁZA offers a wide range of degree programs for Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders.
Studies are offered on the following levels:
- preparatory course in the Hungarian language (non-degree; 1 year)
- Bachelor's programmes (undergraduate; 3 or 3 and ½ years)
- Master's programmes (graduate; 2 years)
We kindly inform those who are interested in the scholarship program that the scientific fields, the level of education and the number of applicants vary in each country, thus we kindly ask you to make any inquiries about the possible programs in your country of origin/residence.
For detailed information please turn to the Ministry of Education or the Hungarian Embassy in your country, or visit: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship in short:
- Stipendium Hungaricum is a scholarship program for foreign students, which was launched by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries.
- provides free tuition, dormitory, health insurance and monthly stipend for the whole duration of a BSc, MSc and PhD programs.
- the application deadline for September 2023 intake is: January 16, 2023(TBC).
The official website of the scholarship: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
FINAL DEADLINE: 16 th JANUARY 2023 !!!!!!
APPLY FOR OUR PROGRAMMES
AT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
complete with rules, application tips and a checklist: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/uploads/2020/03/Application_Guide_for_t…
Call for Applications for Bachelor’s, Master’s, One-Tier Master’s and Non-Degree programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year