Health insurance


We urge all of our international students to subscribe to a health insurance policy valid for the duration of their stay in the Schengen Area of the EU. The arrangement of the health insurance is the responsibility of the student. The health insurance must be arranged before the student arrives in Hungary.

EU citizens can use their European Health Insurance Card  (EHIC) to obtain medical treatment. However, the European Health Insurance Card does not provide you with full medical coverage (some chronic illnesses are excluded), that's why EU citizens are also advised to aquire a health insurance policy valid for Hungary in their home countries.

If you need further health insurance, the International Relations Office can help you contact the representative of an insurance company.

Additional information on health care and insurance can be found at the following link: