The Students at Risk Subprogramme is an addition to the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme and is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public Foundation. Its goal is to provide assistance to Ukranian students and doctoral candidates whose studies or research are interrupted because of war, catastrophe, prosecution etc. For students fleeing the war in Ukraine, the subprogramme provides scholarships for studies in Hungarian higher education institutions.
The present application is open for Ukrainian citizens who wish to pursue higher education studies in a Hungarian higher education institution. The opportunity is also open for those who already pursued higher education studies before and those who only have a secondary school graduation certificate.
From the application period for the academic year 2024/2025 the application for the Students at Risk Subprogramme has been integrated in the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme. Applicants for the Students at Risk Subprogramme are requested to read carefully chapter 4 of the Call for Applications, which contains the special conditions applicable to them.
The application deadline for the academic year 2024/2025 is 15 January 2024, 2 pm CET (Central European Time, Budapest Time)
The online application system can be accessed at https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/.
Call for Applications for the academic year 2024/2025 is available:
- Hungarian governmental program developed for students studying in full-time programmes.
- It covers tuition fees for the programme which the student gets admitted to, for the full duration of the programme.
- It grants a monthly stipend and housing allowance which both are transferred on a monthly basis.
- As a guest student, you can receive the stipend and a housing allowance once you are admitted to the program and the Tempus Public Foundation granted you the Scholarship.
- With this scholarship, you are entitled to use the Hungarian Social Securtiy and private insurance.
NOTE: Hungarian citizens and persons with dual citizenship (Hungarian included) cannot apply for this specific scholarship subprogramme.
- For more information for Ukrainian citizens, please click here:
- You can submit your application to the program on the following online application portal: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
- More information: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/studentsatrisk/
Please do check the eligibility criteria in the Calls for Applications, including the requirements about citizenship. A statement is part of the application package where the applicants need to declare their citizenship. Making a false statement results in getting excluded from the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme for 10 years!
Any question should arise, please do no hesitate to contact us via e-mail on: email@example.com