Institute of Music
- The role of the Institute of Music of the University of Nyíregyháza in teacher training looks back on 50 years of tradition.
- The department, established in 1969, exclusively dealt with teacher training for 20 years. Since 1989, choir directors have been trained. Uniquely in the whole of Hungary, folk music teachers have also been trained since 1991, that is, for almost two decades.
- Although the training stucture has changed several times in that period, following changes in the education policies, the Institute of Music continues to be a powerful training unit in the following two teaching master courses and one BA course:
- the Department of Music in charge of teaching music and music culture at undergraduate level;
- the Department of Folk Music, dealing with teachers of folk music and folklore;
- The faculty of the Institute consists of highly qualified teachers who deal with research and are at the same time preformers of musical and vocal art and who are in possession of DLA and PhD degrees, and who have won various awards and prizes in performing arts.